Aiken County EMS - EMT, Advanced EMT, and Paramedic
Aiken County Emergency Services
With a rich historical background in the Equestrian life and promises of a strong future, Aiken County provides a diverse community, economic opportunities and prosperous growth. Located in the Western portion of South Carolina, Aiken County provides an outstanding quality of life with a reasonable cost of living. Featuring a temperate climate and convenient location, Aiken County offers exceptional recreational and residential opportunities.
Full Time Positions - 24/48 work schedule
- EMT $39,000 per year
- Advanced EMT $42,840 per year
- Paramedic $56,000 per year
Job Summary: EMT - Advanced EMT - Paramedic:
Under regular/occasional supervision, responds to emergency calls and provides medical assistance to the sick and injured at the EMT – Advanced EMT – Paramedic level. Performs related technical work as required. Reports to the Crew Chief.
- Drives ambulances or rescue vehicles in response to emergency calls; requests additional resources for the control of incidents as required; ensures safety at the scene.
- Provides basic and advanced life support and emergency care to the sick and injured; determines nature and extent of injuries and illnesses and assists in making decisions regarding proper courses of action; assists in lifting and carrying patients in and out of ambulance, and transports patients to an appropriate medical facility.
- Assists in maintaining the inventory of supplies and controlled substances; stocks supplies in stations and ambulances as needed.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, regulations, medical / emergency protocols, and standards of quality and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by progressive experience in emergency medical service programs. Must complete required coursework to achieve and maintain EMT – Basic, Advanced, or Paramedic certification, Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support, and any other certifications deemed necessary by the department head. Must possess a valid state driver's license.
Please fill out our application on line at: www.aikencountysc.gov/acjobs